Digital Music Royalty Collection Company
Your Music Royalties, Discovered
Frequently Asked Questions
What services does Audiam license and receive royalties?
The following is a list of online services that Audiam has licensed and from which Audiam collects royalties on behalf of our clients. New companies are added regularly.
Amazon Ad Supported Tier
Amazon Music Unlimited
Anghami FZ LLC
Apple Fitness +
Apple Video & Lyrics
Bill Graham Archives, LLC
Choral Tracks LLC
Classical Archives, LLC
DMX Music, Inc
Genius Media Group, INC.
Melody VR Group PLC
Music Powered Games
Pacemaker Music AB
Sauce Industries/Gray V
Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
SoundCloud Operations Inc.
Spotify USA Inc.
Sybersound Party Time Karaoke
We Are The Hits, Inc.
Yes! Fitness Music
YouTube LLC (Sound Recordings)
What type of content do I need in order to be represented by Audiam, including hiring Audiam to make claims on my behalf in YouTube's Content ID system?
In order for Audiam to represent you, you will need to have the following:
- ownership of sound recordings and/or the musical works embodied in those sound recordings;
- the ability to authorize Audiam, exclusively, to license digital service providers within the territory for which Audiam represents you and collect royalties from those providers for uses of the sound recordings or musical works you own; and
- audio files of your sound recordings that are sufficiently distinct so that it can act as a reference file when videos are scanned by YouTube’s Content ID programs in an attempt to identify videos containing the sound recordings or musical works you own.
The sound recordings or musical works you register with Audiam cannot be or contain:
- unlicensed samples, sound effects, sound bites, beats, or royalty-free music;
- audio made available for free from sources such as Garage Band, Ableton, Logic, Fruity Loops;
- content licensed non-exclusively from a third party;
- content released under Creative Commons or similar free/open licenses; or
- public domain sound recordings.
More information about YouTube’s requirements can be found at: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2605065?hl=en
Read More FAQs >
As CEO of Audiam, John leads client acquisition, licensing and business development. Prior to Audiam, John spent twelve years with The Harry Fox Agency as the head of client services managing the team providing support to thousands of leading publishers and digital music providers. He directed the implementation of HFA’s Rumblefish licensing administration services for online music and music video services, lyrics, tablature and royalty settlements. He has been named one of Billboard’s Digital Power Players since 2019. Previously, John spent over fifteen years in record label marketing, publicity and product management roles at Atlantic Records, SST, MCA, Roadrunner and Live Nation Artists. He also hosts the This Music Hour radio show every Monday on Radio Free Brooklyn.